Featured Post

Click Here for Excerpts (and Reviews) for New Book

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Oliver Leaving No Stone Unturned

UPDATE  Stone's segment on Hiroshima coming this Monday--along with my Q & A interview with him on same. 

Earlier:  Oliver Stone's long-awaited "Untold History of the United States" series coming to Showtime starting in November, and one show offers a new view of one of my pet subjects,  our use of the Bomb against Japan (see one of my two books here).

They just sent me the companion book, it's by Oliver and historian Peter Kuznick, and it's mammoth, at over 700 pages in hardback.  Actually, it's just a history since World War I, but it goes right up to Obama.  Has blurbs from Gorbachev, Douglas Brinkley, Bill Maher and my pal Dan Ellsberg, who says it would make Howard Zinn proud.  The Hiroshima chapter makes strong case against the use of the bomb, though with no new evidence that I can see.  More on this later.

They also sent me the first three Showtime episodes which I will now screen:  On World War II, Hiroshima and the 1948 Henry Wallace race for president.  Here's trailer:

No comments: