Featured Post

Click Here for Excerpts (and Reviews) for New Book

Friday, August 31, 2012

The Eastwood Meme

It's the hottest thing since...Pepper-Spray Cop? Anyway, Mashable is collecting examples.  Just 3 for now.  An earlier example here.  Or order an actual Obama Chair here.  BTW, the Eastwood Chair is a famous Mission/Stickley model from years back.  This three-seater, though, produced a legal complaint.

Meanwhile, Bob Dylan has announced, "I'm (Also) Not There."  Expecting a Charlotte strip club to book The Chair for two nights next week for the DNC.   Also:  We may need a 4th presidential debate this year, between Clint's Empty Chair and Akin's Empty Chair (just about any Empty Suit could moderate).

Jonathan Chait on Twitter imagines the scene offstage:  "I don't think I'll use the teleprompter." "Uh, okay." "And I'll need a chair." "You can't sit during your speech!" "It's not for me."


No comments: