Featured Post

Click Here for Excerpts (and Reviews) for New Book

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Colbert Gets Letterman's Seat

It's official--Stephen gets five-year CBS deal.  Some fans will celebrate, others mourn.   (Colbert to NYT just now:  "I won't be doing the new show in character, so we'll all get to find out how much of him was me." I'm looking forward to it."So, looking back: When I was at E&P, I may have been the first to cover and quote in full  the infamous Stephen Colbert roasting of Bush, to his face,  at the White House Correspondents Dinner.  Also: great zingers at the sleeping press. And Joe Strupp was in the hall and got the first reaction quote from Stephen on the less-than-riotous reception from wounded media and White House figures.  So here it is again. 




No comments: