Featured Post

Click Here for Excerpts (and Reviews) for New Book

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Getting the war wrong means never having to say you're sorry...

I have a new column up at E&P exploring the deafening silence on the war after five years/4000 deaths from pundits, such as David Brooks and Bill Kristol, who got it so wrong. Funny, they both were rewarded with prestigious NYT gigs. Or not so funny.
http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/columns/pressingissues_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003732704

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to love the Times. Between Kristol, Brooks, Friedman, Modo, it's hard to pick out anything of value. Krugman (and Herbert) are the few things left of value. Kristoff seems to have bought the McCain bullshit. And the NYT was in the tank with Judy Miller. And they sat on gthe NSA wiretapping story in 2004 because they knew it would have affected the election. And they've been in the AIPAC tank for for a long time.

Funny-- I was in the neighborhood of Columbia the night the NYPD broke the 1968 strike/protest-- a cop took my parking space as I was leaving -- I remember when I read about the breaking of the strike, that the NYT got the story wrong (I can no longer remember the details, but I remember that they got [something] wrong! Still, it took the Times a long time to the level it's at now.